Going on vacation in San Diego? Warm air, sun, and sand! Should you stay in a vacation rental condo or a hotel?
After being cooped up in the office all day under oppressive florescent lighting, you look at your beach photography calendar with desperation. Now that you’ve endured your third meeting (today) about “increasing productivity” the time has come to finally discover why San Diegans are known for their consistently relaxed attitudes and chill lifestyles: you’re going to book that trip to the beach!
This is going to be a real vacation, so it should feel like one. That means minimum stress and maximum luxury, but spending hours comparing hotels online and then paying an outrageous price to stay far from the beach in cramped conditions is the opposite of this goal. Fortunately, there’s a better way: beach vacation homes in San Diego. It might surprise you to find out that beach vacation homes can be less expensive, much more luxurious, and easier to rent than a hotel. Here are five reasons why you should go with a rental rather than a hotel:
1. It takes way less work than you think: Many people assume that arranging for a rental property requires a great deal of legwork, wrangling, and awkward games of telephone-tag with the owners. Perhaps this is why beach rentals are still the best-kept secret of San Diego, but now you can learn the truth! Rental agencies like San Diego Coast Rentals are designed to make the process simple and quick for you. Up-to-date photos, easy-to-read booking calendars, and professional management by the agency make reserving your vacation a breeze.
2. More money for mojitos: Prices for accommodations obviously vary with seasonal demand, but even at the most expensive time of year for San Diego (the weeks surrounding Comic-Con in July) prices for a place that can sleep a family of four rarely are more than $225 per night. That same family will be hard-pressed to find a hotel for less than $350 a night, for smaller space, and certainly no beachfront without another $50 to $150 dollars a night. The only cheaper options are the dreaded motel experience, or hotels perhaps 40+ miles away from the action. The math is pretty simple: those $100+ you’ll save per night translates into more money for having fun around town!
3. Did we mention… the beach: What’s the point of a beach vacation if you don’t spend time at the beach? Staying in a beach rental condo or house means that you don’t have to deal with taking a cab or rental car for 30 minutes to see the water- all you have to do is wake up. Even though all of the reasons in this list are good, you don’t really need any other reason than this one. Go for a day or a night swim at your leisure, lounge around in your swimsuit 24/7, soak up the sun during the day, and drift to sleep on the soothing rhythm of the waves. The beach isn’t going anywhere, but neither are you until you book your trip.
4. Stretch out in style: Picture in your mind a typical hotel room interior, supposedly big enough for a family of four: two queen sized beds, narrow area between the beds and the TV, maybe a couple of chairs by the window and a tiny writing desk, and then the bathroom (where if the door to the room and the door to the bathroom are open at the same time, they bump into each other). Imagine two adults and two children sharing this space simultaneously. Not such a good combo.
Now look at this picture:
The difference is simple: one is a hotel room, the other is a house. One has someone coming into the room yelling “housekeeping!” at 9 am, and the other has privacy and sleeping in. Oh, and one is $384 for the nights around Comic-Con, and the other is $210. Whoops, forgot to mention that one is three miles from the beach, and one is 300 feet from the beach. Oh, did you notice the kitchen in the back of the picture? That’s because houses have kitchens.
5. Extra goodies: Many beach rentals throw in some nice extras to sweeten the deal. Some come with cruiser bicycles so that you can explore the beach neighborhoods easily, most offer cable TV and Wi-Fi, and many have BBQ grills or Jacuzzis. Laundry machines are another common feature, and it’s not uncommon for garages or dedicated parking spaces to be available. Additionally, the rental agency can provide concierge services for guests to help them plan an exciting adventure and take advantage of their time in sunny southern California.
When will you go?
You know that some time at the beach in San Diego is just what you need. Think of how rejuvenated you’ll feel after a week in the sun and water. Now you even know that doing so is easy, cheap, and better than you had thought! So are you going to look at your beach photography calendar, or are you going to do it? Check out our available rental properties today!